Call Us Today 781.848.5980
Call Us Today 781.848.5980

What Documents Does Your Trustee Need for a 341 Meeting?

By Ullian Associates of The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C. on September 19, 2014

Once you file a bankruptcy, a Trustee will be assigned to your case. Approximately 4-6 weeks after you file, you will have a meeting with the Trustee. Your first introduction to your bankruptcy trustee is at meeting of the creditors (called a 341(a) hearing) with your attorney. This is not something you should be nervous about. This is a meeting that is conducted by the trustee and is done without the presence of a judge. The purpose of the hearing is so the trustee can ensure that you, the debtor, signed the bankruptcy papers that were submitted, and then review with you the information that was provided.

At least one week prior to the meeting, you or your attorney needs to provide certain documents to the Trustee. In a Chapter 13 case, you need to provide two months of pay stubs, proof of the value of your home, and your most recent tax return. If you have recorded a homestead, you should send a copy of your deed and homestead with the stamp from the Registry of Deeds. If you have a 401(k) or IRA you should send a statement as well. In a Chapter 7 case the Trustee will want all of those documents plus two months worth of bank statements and a copy of any mortgages on your property. Depending on your circumstances there maybe additional documents required such as copies of annuities, divorce agreements, or trusts.

For more information on bankruptcy or to schedule your free consultation with The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., contact us here.

What Our Clients Say

“ John, thank you very much for all your help during my divorce. You truly made this stressful situation go smoothly. … ”


All Testimonials