Call Us Today 781.848.5980
Call Us Today 781.848.5980

Child-Related Issues

Dedicated Child Custody and Child Support Legal Advocates

Divorcing spouses can permanently resolve their disputes about property division during the divorce. However, issues concerning children can continue long after their divorce. Even when a couple gets divorced (or splits up if unmarried), they will always remain the parents to their children. Therefore, parents still need to communicate and focus on the best interests of the children almost as much after a divorce or separation as when they were together.

There are two types of custody that must be addressed concerning the children, legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody refers to the parent who will make the decisions on major issues affecting the children such as religion, education, and nonemergency medical care.  Oftentimes, parents agree to joint legal custody so they are both involved in this decision-making. Physical custody refers to the parent who will be responsible for the day-to-day care of the children. A physical custody dispute that cannot be resolved is very challenging, time-consuming and expensive. It is essential to have a lawyer represent you who is knowledgeable and experienced with litigating these situations.

A nonprimary custodial parent is required to pay child support to the parent with primary physical custody. Even though Massachusetts has child support guidelines, there are many situations that can cause disagreements over the appropriate weekly child support. This can occur when one of the parties is self-employed so there is a dispute over the person's true income, when one party contends the other party is underemployed, or when one person's income fluctuates due to bonuses or commissions.

At The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., in Braintree, Massachusetts, we understand that families are a work in progress. Whether you are considering a divorce, have been served with court papers, or are having post-divorce issues with your ex-spouse concerning your children, you need an experienced family law attorney to represent you who understands Massachusetts child custody, child support, child visitation, and child removal laws and procedures.

Child Support Legal Services We Provide

Attorneys John Ullian and Amy Puliafico represent individuals on the South Shore and the Greater Boston region with child-related legal issues such as:

  • Child custody and visitation: Addressing contested custody issues such as legal custody or physical custody and parenting plans.
  • Child support: Assisting individuals with unresolved issues related to child support. This can involve obtaining, enforcing, or modifying a child support Court Order.
  • Child removal/relocation: Representing individuals in litigating contested issues involving child removal. This comes up when one of the parents, for whatever reason, wants to move out of state with the children.
  • Modifications of Court Orders: Seeking to modify the terms of Court Orders relating to child custody, support or visitation when there is a substantial change in circumstances.
  • Contempts: Helping clients to enforce Court Orders for custody, support or visitation.
  • Paternity: Addressing paternity issues can help the mother obtain Court Orders for child support and health care benefits from the father. Paternity can also help a father obtain custody or parenting time with his child. Our law firm represents both mothers and fathers in paternity actions.
  • Termination of parental rights: Seeking to end a parent's right to a child when there is abuse or serious neglect in the home — to ensure the safety and well-being of a child.

Sound Advice and Personal Representation | Free Consultation

The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., is dedicated to providing practical advice, effective representation, and strong advocacy in the areas of child custody, visitation, support or child removal. You can contact us online or call 781-848-5980 to schedule your free initial consultation.

What Our Clients Say

“ John, thank you very much for all your help during my divorce. You truly made this stressful situation go smoothly. … ”


All Testimonials