Call Us Today 781.848.5980
Call Us Today 781.848.5980

What do I Put on my Bankruptcy if some of by debts are under my maiden name?

By Ullian Associates of The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C. on April 14, 2015

You should list your current and married name on your bankruptcy petition. The first page of the bankruptcy petition has a line below your name for all other names. If you maiden name was Mary Jones, you should include "formally known as Mary Jones" in this section. By putting both names on the bankruptcy petition, your creditors will be aware of your filing and you will be discharged on any debts under either name without any confusion. This line can also be used to list any prior married names or nicknames you may be known by. For example if your name is John A. Smith, but some of your bills come to John Smith, Jr., you should list that name as well.

For more information on bankruptcy or to schedule your free consultation with The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., contact us here.

What Our Clients Say

“ Dear Attorney Ullian – Thank you so much for all the legal help and advice that you have given me. … It has been quite a while since I've actually been able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. However, with your assistance that light is beginning to shine much brighter. … ”


All Testimonials