220 Forbes Road, Suite 106 Braintree, MA 02184-2711
John Ullian is a respected attorney who has practiced law in Massachusetts for more than 32 years. He assists clients on the South Shore, the Boston area, and in the other communities throughout Eastern Massachusetts in the following matters: consumer bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11 and 13); divorce; child custody and support; divorce mediation; andschool law/special education law. Today, John runs The Law Firm of Ullian & Associates, P.C., and is licensed to practice in both Massachusetts and Florida. He also serves as an arbitrator with the Massachusetts Bar Association Fee Arbitration Board.
John’s father, Leonard Ullian, started the firm in 1978, and his philosophy of treating clients how you would want to be treated is still the practice today. John received his undergraduate degree from Ohio Wesleyan, his law degree from University of Toledo Law School, a Masters in Education from Northeastern University, and his Doctorate in Education from Boston University.
During his career, attorney John Ullian has represented thousands of clients at trustee hearings, in court hearings on motions, pretrials, and trials, and during negotiations at various stages of litigation. John wrote two books with his father, one dealing with bankruptcy and one on divorce. In addition, John wrote a publication on school law. He handles divorce mediation for couples who want an alternative to traditional divorce process, and he also accepts appointments as a Guardian Ad Litem (G.A.L.) in the Probate Courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
John teaches School Law as an adjunct professor at Boston University and Special Education Law at Simmons College. John also teaches at Curry College in the Paralegal program and up until 2005 John was an instructor at Northeastern University for over 20 years in its paralegal program.
John has three children, all in their twenties. Bella, John’s dog, is often a visitor to the office and is the firm’s official greeter and mascot.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Family Law
- Mediation & Collaborative Law
- School Law & Special Education Law
- Massachusetts, 1984
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1984
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. - 1983
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- B.A. - 1981
- Northeastern University
- M.A. - 1987
- Boston University
- Ed.D. - 2006
- In Debt? Help is On the Way, Consumer Financial Solutions, Inc., 1991 – good news though, we are in the process of updating the book!
- Divorce: A Hand-Holding Consumer's Guide to the Divorce Process, Consumer Financial Solutions, Inc., 1997 – however, the newest edition will be published in 2017!
- Legal Issues of Public School Administrators in Massachusetts (dissertation) , UMI Dissertation Services , 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Norfolk County Bar Association, Member
- Needham School Committee, 1998